Of making many books there is no end —King Solomon, Book of Ecclesiastes
Keep Writing and Publishing
There is room for more. In case you are hesitant about writing and concerned about a glut of books on the market, have no fear. According to the wisest king who ever lived (Solomon), the writing of books will not cease. And since the writing of books will not cease, the need to publish will also not cease.
With the development of electronic publishing and companies like Amazon, Lulu and Smashwords, the doors to publishing are wide open. The gate to publishing has been unlocked, and the traditional publishers—who were almost the sole gatekeepers—now have to contend with the rise of Independent Authors and Publishers.
Although traditional publishing still holds a prestigious status, many aspiring authors are not even looking that way; not out of fear of rejection but out of the need to control the publishing process and build their platform for impact and income at a faster pace. The challenge, however, is that many aspiring authors are still unfamiliar with process especially many Caribbean aspiring authors.
Thus, many are taken advantage of by some independent publishing houses. Some of these publishers charge ridiculously high prices for simple services and operate with a semi-traditional publishing mentality. This means you pay for all the services while they (1) still hold the rights to your book for several years and (2) limit where and how you can print and promote your book while they pay you a royalty fee.
This kind of arrangement for me is untenable if the publishing house is not alleviating any costs involved in the publishing process or contributing anything financially. If as the author, you are paying for all the services, why restrict your printing and promotional platforms?
I have found the words of Derek Bok painfully true: “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” I share more on the price of ignorance in my new book, Authorpreneur Secrets resulting from first publishing experience and my top 10 author mistakes.
I am a bestselling Jamaican Indie author, now Indie publisher and authorpreneur. Since 2015, many aspiring and even established authors sought my advice regarding writing and publishing. I was reluctant to publish for others and to coach them to write because at that time, I lacked confidence in my ability to teach others the process, having found the publishing process quite tedious and painful.
However, I was persuaded to rethink my position after helping several Indie authors to publish their books. The prospects of helping independent authors make their dreams come true without the nightmare and the exorbitance give me great pleasure.
With my painful first time publishing experience and subsequent knowledge gained in publishing my five books, I have been able to help authors publish affordably and with less pain. I really have a heart for struggling authors. Now, it gives me great joy in rescuing them from a painful publishing process and releasing them to create a wider impact and additional income.
My new book, Authorpreneur Secrets answers in a very simple and hopefully straightforward manner their frequently asked questions regarding writing, publishing on a budget and creating impact and income from a book. My intention is to reach a wider audience without repeating myself and without wearing myself out. It will also save authors thousands of dollars, time, pain and wasted effort in the end. It will not answer all questions related to authorpreneurship and publishing but will lay a solid foundation to make your publishing dream a reality faster.
In this book you will find—along with my story—a special case study and other real stories of how to go from pen to publishing in 90 days or less; publishing for less than US$150 and ideas to create products and services to transform lives. You will learn my tried and proven Indie Author’s MAP. You will also receive resources to learn the self-publishing process and build a successful authorpreneurship business.
NOTE WELL: This book will not teach you how to become a best-seller. It will give you the clarity to publish and inspire you to create a platform for greater impact and income.
You can find the paperback version of the book on Amazon. Get it now. The Ebook/Kindle version will be released by February 25, 2019. It is a tool for future writing and publishing courses and an introduction to authorpreneurship.
My Authorpreneurship Updates
See below the latest happenings on my authorpreneurship journey.
1. Authorpreneurship Bootcamp #1: I will be having my first author-entrepreneur, writing and publishing training (boot camp) on Saturday, February 23, 2019 in Kingston, Jamaica. . There is still room for 6 more participants. Click here to register, if interested. See flyer below for more details. Attendees will get the book Authorpreneur Secrets as part of the package.
2. New Book Release: We published a book for Dr. Delano Palmer, New Testament Theology It is now on Amazon in paperback format. You can look inside it and purchase. It’s a text for tertiary level Bible students and Christian leaders
3. Design to Win Podcast: I am doing more content marketing in 2019 to teach people about authorpreneurship, life and career success. I started my Design to Win Podcast on YouTube this week. Listen to the first podcast on “How I Became an Authorpreneur.”
4. Indie Authorpreneur Facebook Group: I do facebook video teachings in a private Facebook group called “Indie Authorpreneurs” to help aspiring Indie authors to write and publish affordably. I teach them how to use their books as a platform to build their business and ministry or increase their impact and income. Do join the group for exclusive teachings and discount on my publishing services.
5. My YouTube Channel: Subscribe to my C. Ruth Taylor YouTube Channel for weekly proven strategies to win at writing, life, and career.
These are all the updates for now. Feel free to like, comment and share these sites and resources with your friends, family and other networks.
Cheers to your publishing dreams!