This notice is for this website; [www.extramileja.com] owned by [Cameka Ruth Taylor, 54 Montgomery Avenue, Kingston 10. Jamaica W.I] and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to [Cameka “Ruth” Taylor/Extra MILE Innovators]
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you opted in for information on this website or signed up at one of our events.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you blog updates, marketing information as it relates to book launches, events and courses with special offers and news about my Extra MILE Innovators.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information for six years.
- Sharing your information: [We do not share your information with third parties.] [We do share your personal information with third parties because this is unethical and we cannot do so without your written consent]
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- The reason we use this basis: To pay my taxes correctly.
- We process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of clients with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with [put your county or nation’s tax service name here]
- Data retention period: Six years
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies via Siteground in how we store, access and manage that information.
We use MailChimp and Madmimi to manage data
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners [Google AdSense, eBay Partner Network, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.]
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.kwillbooks.com or as a titled text link like this: Bookshops in Cambridge
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through [an email marketing service provider. We use:
Subscription time & date
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
UPDATED MAY 2018